- if being born on a certain date has any affect on your life (which it might with seasonal effects)
- if your name can say something about the person you will become
- if you can tell if someone if lying by looking at them (no, but talking to them might expose a lie)
- if ghosts exist (nope, but there might be other things that cause the eerie feelings)
- if you pick your president or decide guilt based on looks (and it seems that we do)
- what we find funny and why we find it funny
- how honesty are we
I really enjoyed reading the book. As I was reading, I found myself stopping to re-read sections to my husband. I thought that he would find the section on beards interesting since he has one. It seems that in a study Wiseman did, people thought men without hair on their faces were more honest. Face hair might mean maturity, but it also meant that others might think the man with the beard was sinister. As Wiseman noted, there has not been a US president with face hair since 1910.
If you are interested in the why people do the things they do, and what it means when they do them, Quirkology is for you.